Friday 2 September 2011

The things I have forgotten to miss.
I saw a boy and his hair was brown and he was wearing your shirt,
But he wasn't you.
And he did that slouchy thing that you would do
where you would stare at me from under your curly mop
and smile a little half smile
a smile that knew everything
and everything was hilarious
and everything was right there between and around us, orbiting.
But he wasn't you
(and he wasn't smiling at me)
And I kept turning to that shirt
that shirt kept reminding me
Of all the things I had forgotten to miss about you.

And the boy continued to peer from under his mop of hair
And smile that smile at the girl who wasn't me
And I wanted to scream at them to stop
That I had seen this movie before
And I wanted to deprive them of what was happening (you don't deserve it)
And I wanted to save them. (you don't deserve it)

But he wasn't you
(and he wasn't smiling at me)

No comments: